All Interactive Brokers CRM notes and emails are hosted on Rackspace, a leading managed cloud solution provider.
Click Menu in the top left corner > Administration & Tools > Email
Requirements for a Rackspace Mailbox
Rackspace Mailboxes use your own email address. Therefore, you must have a pre-existing email address at your own domain before your Rackspace Mailbox can be created. There are two ways to do this:
- You already have your own email address at your own domain. For example, email@example.com.
- We will register a domain for you, which will include your own email address at that domain. To request this service, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a small cost associated with the registering of your domain.
To maintain the security of your CRM emails stored on Rackspace, email addresses at public domains, such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook, are not allowed.
- A Rackspace mailbox costs $1.00 per mailbox per month, subject to any change implemented by Rackspace.
- Your Rackspace mailbox provides 25 GB of storage.
- Once your Rackspace mailbox has been created, you will be notified in Pending Items in Portal. You can then access your mailbox from the CRM page or from any individual CRM record.
- You can update your Rackspace mailbox password at any time by accessing Settings from within your Rackspace mailbox.
Additional Services Available from Rackspace
- Upgrade to a Microsoft Exchange Mailbox for $8 per month.
- Archive your emails for $3 per month.
To sign up for these services, send an email to email@example.com.