Mosaic Market Scanners
Create, customize, edit and view Mosaic Market Scanners from within the Mosaic layout. You can create a new custom scanner, or choose a Predefined Mosaic Market Scanner.
To create a Mosaic Market Scanner
From within Mosaic, click the "add new window" icon in the Monitor window and select Mosaic Market Scanner.
Select Create new custom scan... and enter a title for the scan.
Define the scan "Universe" including the product(s), region(s), exchange(s), instrument type(s), index, and optional industry filters. You can see the market scanner results in the scanner pane as you define the universe.
Use the Fields section to add, remove, and manage each displayed value. Use Dual Sort on one field to show the scanner sorted in both directions on the selected field. To change the order in which fields are displayed in the scan, drag and drop fields into the desired order.
Each field provides a "Display" and "Sort" selection. Use these selectors to customize and organize scan data.
The Display selections let you specify how and if you want the values in the field displayed. Use the "Bar" and "Gradient" graphical indicators to provide at-a-glance information on the on the tickers in your market scan. Choose from the following:
- Values - This selection will show the expected numerical value appropriate for the field. This is the default display.
- Gradient - The Gradient uses a filled, colored circle with different shades to provide information on the field value. Red shades identify a downward move and green shows upward movement. Hold your mouse over a gradient to see the color-shading key.
- Bar - The Bar chart displays the field value graphically using a colored bar to indicate the direction and degree of change. Red indicates negative and green indicates positive. The length of the bar indicates the degree of change (the value). Bars that have values outside the hand-picked range will display a very bright section at the end of the bar to signify values outside the range.
- Line The Line chart displays the field value graphically using a colored line. You can elect to view up to three fields that use the Line chart view. Mouse over the "Lines ?" display in the scanner to see the key to the Line colors.
- Values + Gradient - Displays two fields for a single value; one with the numerical value and one with the gradient.
- Values + Bar - Displays two fields for a single value; one with the numerical value and one with the bar chart.
- Values + Line - Displays two fields for a single value; one with the numerical value and one with the line chart.
- None - The value for the field will not display. You can use the combination of a "none" value with a sort specification for a field to have the scanner search on and sort by a field without showing the field value, for example, Market Cap. If you set the sort to descending, the scan will return tickers with the highest market cap but will not show you the actual market cap.
The Sort field allows you to specify sort criteria AND determine the field on which the scan will be based. You can only select sort criteria for ONE field. Sort selections include:
- Unsorted - This means that the field values are not ordered and that this field does not drive the scan.
- Low to High - This means that the fields values are sorted ascending from lowest to highest, and that the scanner is driven by this field.
- High to Low - This means that the fields values are sorted descending from highest to lowest, and that the scanner is driven by this field.
- Dual Sort - This selection splits the scanner into two columns, with one column showing values sorted from Low to High, and the other showing values sorted
Click Done to complete the scan. Click Edit Scanner at the top right of the scan window to modify any Mosaic Market Scanner at any time.
To open or edit an existing scanner
- Hold your mouse over the tab set to show all available tabs.
- Click a scanner tab on the Monitor window.
You can export the scan results to an Excel spreadsheet to allow you to use and manipulate the data.
Complete defining the scanner criteria (or "Edit" the scanner).
At the bottom of the scanner edit window, click Export Results.
Enter a name for the file, and modify the Save in location if desired. Click Save.
The scan data is now saved in a .csv file. \
For more information on this topic, please click here.