You can see real-time margin summary amounts displayed in the Account window in Trader Workstation. For position margin requirements, however, you can view margin reports in Portal. At 16:15 ET each day, we record your margin and equity information for positions across all asset classes and exchanges for the margin report.
Margin reports show the margin requirements for all open single and combination positions. The report displays Available Funds (to determine if you can put on a new trade) and Excess Liquidity (when excess is depleted, you risk liquidation). Note that because information on your statements is displayed "as of" the cut-off time for each individual exchange, the information in your margin report may be different from that displayed on your statements.
Margin reports in Portal are the only place where you can view the margin requirements for combination/spread positions. Margin reports are available for the previous 180 days.
- Click Performance & Reports > Other Reports.
- Alternatively, click Menu in the top left corner > Reporting > Other Reports
- If you manage or maintain multiple accounts, the Account Selector opens. Search for and select the account whose account alias you want to change.
The Other Reports screen opens.
- Select the blue Run arrow icon to the right of Margin.
- In the Sub Type field, select Default or Commodities Regulatory Margin Report. The Commodities Regulatory Margin report breaks out domestic (US) and foreign cash/holdings for the Commodities segment of your account (required by the CME Group). This type of margin report is available for any accounts that trade futures or futures options.
- In the Date field, select the date for the report.
- In the Format field, select HTML/WEB, PDF or CSV (for a comma-separated values file).
- In the Language field, select your language.
- Click Run to generate the report. Click Cancel to return to the Other Reports screen.
If you selected PDF or CSV as the Format, you will be prompted to save the file to your computer.